Other places you can find Claire on the internet:
- New Resource Available: The gang at Sci/Why, the Canadian kids' science writers' blog, has put together a list of great science books for kids. It's organized by curricular topic so teachers, librarians, and parents can find what they want - but easy to browse through too. It's not an exhaustive list - just a selection of authors. But we'll update it and add to it as often as we can. In the meantime, feel free to download it, pass it around, forward it, recommend it, or just plain use it!
- Big News! BEFORE THE WORLD WAS READY, STORIES OF DARING GENIUS IN SCIENCE won the 2013 Lane Anderson Award for science writing in Canada. Two awards are given each year - one for a science book for adults and one for a kids' book. The awards were presented at a dinner in Toronto on September 15. My thanks to co-conspirators Annick Press and illustrator Sa Boothroyd.
- BEFORE THE WORLD WAS READY has also been nominated for two children's choice awards - the Rocky Mountain Book Award in Alberta and the Red Cedar Information Book Award in British Columbia - and shortlisted for the 2015 Children's Literature Roundtables' Information Book Award
- You can find BEFORE THE WORLD WAS READY at your nearest brick-and-mortar bookstore or you can buy it online at Amazon or at Chapters-Indigo. For details about all my information books for kids, go to the Non-fiction page on this website.
I'm honoured and delighted to announce that my book, THE WORLD IN YOUR LUNCH BOX: THE WACKY HISTORY AND WEIRD SCIENCE OF EVERYDAY FOODS, has received the 2014 Red Cedar Information Book Award. It's a very special win because the kids of British Columbia voted on their favourite books - and they chose LUNCH BOX!
- Video Visits: Catch me on the web at TVOparents or in the Celebrate Science 2013 Youtube video.
Photo by Mark Prins
For more information, to purchase copies of my books, or to request signed bookplates, contact me at email@example.com.
If you're interested in having me come to your school, library, or book club, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're in Ontario, arrangements can be made through Authors' Booking Service.