Writer – Researcher – Editor
Other places you can find Claire on the internet:
And if you'd like to get a digital version of the book to review, it's on NetGalley.com. Just click on the cover image to go straight there.
- Gold! The World in Your Lunch Box won the Children's/Youth Non-fiction category in the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards - and the award came with an amazing gold medal.
- The World in Your Lunch Box is on the shortlist for the 2013/2014 Hackmatack Awards in Atlantic Canada and the Red Cedar Awards in British Columbia. It was also named a 2012 Eureka! Silver Honor Book by The California Reading Association and was a finalist in the 2013 AAAS/Subaru SB&F hands-on science book competition. Congratulations and thanks to illustrator Sa Boothroyd and Annick Press.
- I spent part of May doing school visits and library presentations in Ontario as part of the Ontario Library Association's Forest of Reading celebrations. I had a great time, and I blogged about the experience here.
- Catch me on the web at TVOparents: In February, I spent a day at the Annick Press office in Toronto, taping a video interview with TVOntario producer Albert Wisco, who has done a lovely job of editing the results.
- Lizards in the Sky was a finalist for the 2013 Red Maple Award for non-fiction, part of the Ontario Library Association's Forest of Reading®, Canada's largest recreational reading program. The winners are chosen by kids from schools and libraries all over the province.
Photo by Mark Prins
For more information, contact me at email@example.com.